Chief Executive Officer – Oil Palm Operations
Liberian or Expatriate
Master Degree (MA, MS, MBA)
Sinoe and Grand Kru Counties
Terms of Reference
- Overall leadership in Operations (farms, mills and ports), Procurement & Logistic Management, Planning & Budgeting, Infrastructure & facilities of operations in more than 15,000 hectares of plantations and three mill and port facilities in South Eastern Liberia
- Develop and obtain approval for detailed operating plans and budgets
- Manage all operational execution aligned with business budget & planning to meet approved operating and financial target
- Ensure manufacturing commissioning on time, on quality and within budget
- Authorize commitment of corporate resources and enter agreements, contracts, leases, etc.
- Identify principle risks of Company’s business and implement appropriate systems to manage risks;
- Ensure logistics performance in challenging rural conditions
- Develop Liberian technical and managerial cadre to be responsible for key operations and functions in the company and ensure capable management succession plan and effective employee development training and development programs;
- Manage all activities such as to ensure compliance with the Concession Agreement, RSPO Principles and Criteria, and Liberian Law and Regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements
A. Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Graduate University degree (M.Sc, or equivalent) in Engineering, Finance or Agronomy
B. Professional, Proven Work Experience
- Successful 5 years experience in the Oil Palm industry and total of 10 years experience in resources sector overall with remote operations such as plantations, forestry, mining, minerals
- Minimum 10 years of management experience in business operation with responsibility for commercial budgets
- Minimum track record of 20,000 hectares land operations, $100 million balance sheet, and $50 million turnover
- Successful track record in meeting challenging financial, compliance and reporting targets, audit and budgeting.
- Experience in training a new, growing team
Corporate and technical investments budgeting including SAP ERP
Manufacturing process technical knowledge including process plants and mills
Good written executive presentations and verbal communications in English
Managing and developing multicultural workforce and management
- Proactive, team player, loyal, honest, helpful, recognized good character.
- Adaptable to multi cultural setting with mutual respect
Please submit your Cover Letter, CV (Resume) and qualifications to email@example.com. In Subject line, please mention the job position(s) you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.