Chief Financial Officer – Oil Palm Operations
Liberian or Expatriate
Master Degree (MA, MS, MBA)
Sinoe and Grand Kru Counties
Terms of Reference
- Overall leadership in Financial & Control activities in more than 15,000 hectares of plantations and three mill and port facilities in South Eastern Liberia.
- Design and implement GVL’s financial policies.
- Develop, manage and control approved budgets.
- Manage and control treasury function through subordinates.
- Manage financial and asset risks according to policy.
- Conduct monthly reviews and evaluations of actual cost incurred against budget through control sections.
- Conduct cost-control evaluations and initiatives.
- Manage and consolidate all financial and management accounting pertaining to the conditions and requirements stipulated by GVL policies, management decisions, the Concession Agreement and Liberian and international accounting standards, for the whole company.
- Supervise section heads of accounting, budget control, treasury and farms.
- Coach, train and continuously guide F&C division to achieve high proficiency and professionalism in all accounting, financial administration and business control processes.
- Conduct and implement career and succession planning, skills & knowledge transfer and team’s performance and evaluation.
Qualifications and Requirements
A. Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Graduate University degree (M.BA, equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
B. Professional, Proven Work Experience
- Successful 5 years experience in the Oil Palm industry and total of 10 years experience in resources sector overall with remote operations such as plantations, forestry, mining, minerals.
- 5 years experience in a senior finance & accounting managerial role having supervised more than 50 financial staff.
- Minimum track record of 20,000 hectares land operations, $100 million balance sheet, and $50 million annual expenditure.
- Maintenance in good standing of credit facilities minimum of USD $100 million.
- Hands on experience with internationally recognized computerized, integrated, modular accounting and financial system.
- Successful track record in meeting challenging financial, compliance and reporting targets, audit and budgeting.
- Experience in training a new, growing team.
Corporate and technical investments budgeting including SAP ERP
Financial modeling, review & analysis in an Excel spreadsheet, able to write and utilize formulas
Good written executive presentations and verbal communications in English
Managing and developing multicultural workforce and management
- Proactive, team player, loyal, honest, helpful, recognized good character
- Adaptable to multi cultural setting with mutual respect
Please submit your Cover Letter, CV (Resume) and qualifications to email@example.com. In Subject line, please mention the job position(s) you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.